Actually we function fairly well!
We are taking our everyday challenges and choosing to laugh through them.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Childhood love, just a word or is it real?

  Before I can tell you about this newspaper article I have to take you back in time to the year 2008 when Hayden was is 2nd grade.
Hayden came home from school one day and said “Momma, I have a boyfriend” I quickly said “You mean you have a friend, you cant have a boyfriend unless he loves the Lord more than anything and he treats you like a queen” She said “Ok” and went about her business. She apparently went to school and informed this would be gentleman of the requirements that he would need before he could be her boyfriend.
    A few weeks past and I found myself helping with a Christmas project in Hayden’s class.  wasn't there long before an unfamiliar voice came up behind me and said:
“Umm... Mrs. Edelman, My name is Jamie. I am Hayden’s boyfriend and I do love the Lord!” Then he proceeded to give me directions to his church. “Its on the corner by the gas station” He touched my heart. He then proceeded to tell me that he loves Hayden and it had been a real pleasure to meet me. 
    Now I can bring you up to speed on this relationship that has continued on from that day in the classroom.  Jamie is a wonderful child! I am constantly amazed by his manner, his ways , and his character. We try and bring Jamie with us when we are able to do something fun. The time he speaks about in this article was at a hockey game last year. Jamie had a blast and so did Hayden. They took so many pictures that they looked like tourists on vacation. They truly had a great evening. 
    That brings me to the article in todays paper. A newspaper reporter stopped Jamie coming out of a store and asked him about his favorite Valentines Day and as you can read it was the night of the hockey game.
Valentines day is about LOVE! And in their own 10 year old way, I believe these two have a special love that their friendship has been founded on. 
Kelly
Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
1 Corinthians 13: 4

3 comments:

  1. oooh that is sooo awesome! young love, may it grow strong and remain as strong in the future! what a great young man!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether it leads to grown-up romance or not, I believe we can be assured that these two will be life-long friends! We are so happy that our son has such great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...this blog rocks! I have been wondering what the article said. How kind of God.

    ReplyDelete