Actually we function fairly well!
We are taking our everyday challenges and choosing to laugh through them.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wanna know what a child hoarder looks like?





Well when he is working it may look something like this:
Always hunting for stuff...
I know hilarious right?
Well, I had to clean out Zev's dresser again, 
there was just so much junk piling up.
If it is visible means that there is a lot that is shoved in places and hidden.
So before I show you what I removed from one dresser, 
you need to keep in mind that I just did this less than 6 months ago!



All of this junk,



mostly garbage,

Was all on these shelves, in several buckets and containers, underneath and on top.



I know what you may be thinking:
He's a boy
Kids collect stuff
That's normal
And if so, that's just ok.
Lol, its all funny till you see him on an episode of "Hoarders"
I think I may need to start saving for therapy!
The funny thing is that this kid doesn't even sleep in his room. 
It is like a storage room for garbage.
Anyway, this purge and the last one, he really was ok with it being gone.
I mean I didn't give him a chance to even see any of it really. 
Well, he knew I was doing it, but keeping himself busy with Legos might have taken away the anxiety of loosing leaves, receipts, broken sticks and rocks.
So I guess I will just keep purging and maybe he will just decide 
"might as well not keep this because she will just throw it away" 
Sounds like therapy to me!

He is a great kid, and many times these dumpster treasures become gifts for people he loves. He does have a great big heart. 
Don't worry, as soon as I finished in his room, 
he went to a birthday party and came home with a bag filled with things to start collecting all over again.
I must say, he is becoming quite the godly man and is storing up treasures elsewhere as well!

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also". 
Matthew 6: 19-21

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mom. I could not do this. My OCD would kick in big time. BOTH my children TRY to do this but NOT to the extent Zev does. Thanks for one more example of picking my battles and focusing on WHAT really matters! :)

    ReplyDelete