Actually we function fairly well!
We are taking our everyday challenges and choosing to laugh through them.

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's not itchy & I am not a worry-wart

Traded rash guards for uniforms this week and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
Shoes that are 2 sizes to big so they don't touch him, hair cuts as soon as the hair starts tickling him, silky shirts that must go under all other shirts so it doesn't itch, socks without a single wrinkle in them, nothing touching his neck etc.. etc..no tags no where!!! This is what he is made of...And that's just ok with me! 
This past week Zev and Hay started a new school that requires wearing uniforms. I will say at first I was really worried about it. I mean there are mornings that we spend over an hour just getting him ready because things have to be just right or he is uncomfortable and fidgety. Not only that but his clothing issues can be a big distraction in school. If he has a wrinkle in his sock he will mess with it and mess with it until it is perfect even if it means missing a lesson being taught. So you can understand my initial worries about him having to wear a uniform and have it tucked in with a belt!! Well my worries led me to even call the new principal and explain my sons (qwerks) and seek help. Two different people told me not to worry about it and that they would join me in prayer over it. So you know what i did? Just that! I didn't worry about it anymore and laid it at the alter. I let God be in control, and once I did he went straight to work. First a teacher (the very one who would have been his teacher had he not switched schools) came to me with a bag full of brand new uniforms including soft polo embroidered shirts. She said she was so proud of him and wanted to get him these. Next his new teacher allowed him to wear his silky undershirts that kind of stick out of the sleeves. I had told him she would never go for that but she has.
 Lastly comes confirmation: Day one he says "My shirt didn't even itch me today" Day 4 "I like these clothes"
So I am a little proud of how quick I handed this over and the outcome we received

The bible says: Who of you by worrying can add one hour to his life?" Matthew 6 and 27
Even what seems like a little thing is important to him if it is important to you. Give him thanks even for the little things ok.

Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5 and 20

So if you see me and wonder why I am not stressing out about the kids, a job, my car troubles etc.. It is because I don't wanna! I don't want to worry anymore about anything. I am just gonna stay out of my fathers way and let him drive the bus

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. James 4 and 8
The message says: You be about his business and he will be about yours!

We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment