Actually we function fairly well!
We are taking our everyday challenges and choosing to laugh through them.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My son loves me, even in public!

As I was just getting ready to leave the day care this morning I said  
"Bye Zev, I will see you later",
then I said it again and finally got his attention. 
"Wait Momma, I need a hug and a kiss" he said. 
So my 8 year old runs across the room full of kids and gives me his normal big hug and kiss. 
He said "you almost left without my hug". I know how upset he gets if I have left without him giving me one. 
I guess I didn't want to yell across the room for him to come give me a hug and risk embarrassing him or anything. Turns out he could care less what any of them think! 
As I got my hug he says 
"Momma I was telling a boy about me and you fishing and that your name is Kelly and the boy said SO WHAT"
 Then he said "he doesn't care about you". 
I said "that is ok, what did you say?" He says "Well, I didn't say anything, but I love you" 
My son is not perfect, he never will be. What he has is love!
I hope he never changes, and I hope he keeps planting seeds without even knowing it.
Unfortunately this kind of behavior is the minority now. 
Today people teach their children some of the very same things they did as a child. 
Childish gross jokes, bullying, no value of people, greed and waste are worldly ways to be "Cool"
But, its not cool at all, your opening your children up to the bondage that this world brings that you yourself may have been dealing with your whole life.
Cool is an 8 yr old giving his mom a kiss in front of 50 kids without even turning his head. 
Cool is that kid blowing his sisters kisses every single night as he heads to bed. 
Cool is talking about your mom to your friends!
Thanks Pallie, you made my day!!!


 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6: 13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment